Specialty Drying in St. Louis
Water damage that has affected hardwood floors, cabinets and plaster walls requires specialty drying to save these surfaces from secondary damage. Specialty drying is the science of drying building materials that absorb water slowly and trap the moisture. This makes the surfaces very hard to dry. It takes a highly trained team with special equipment to dry and save these structures that would otherwise have to be torn out. Cabinets, plaster walls and even wet hardwood floors can be saved.
Our proven process ensures You know it's done right, guaranteed.
This process is for water damage affecting hard to dry surfaces. If you have water damage caused by fresh water, sewage or mold click the appropriate link.
Free Evaluations 24/7
- Safety - Safety is our number one concern when it comes to water damage. When water damage happens we want to protect you and your family.
- Moisture Tracking - Water does a great job of hiding. We use advanced moisture meters to find and map out all affected areas.
- Scope - In our application we make a comprehensive scope with photos and readings giving you a very clear picture of the damage and what needs to be done.
Approval of Services - We'll go through the scope of water damage services with you so you'll know what The Flood Team needs to do to make sure your home and family are protected.
Approval of Services
- Explanation of Services - We walk through the comprehensive scope with you so there are no surprises about what the damage is and where it's located.
- Determining Coverage - We recommend you do not call your insurance company until we have done an assessment. We are insurance experts and will work with your insurance to help ensure you get the coverage you deserve.
- Set Up Your Claim - Calling your insurance company can be a major hassle. We make the call to your insurance company and set up the claim for you.
- Match Price Guarantee - We bill insurance and match their prices with ours so you're never left with any out of pocket costs for our services.
- Self Payment Options - We know water damage comes at an unexpected time. So we offer different payment options to help you manage it.
- Sign Agreement - As soon as you sign off on the services we'll start working. Acting fast is key to stopping secondary water damage.
Perform Specialty Drying Services and Monitor Progress - This is where we preform the drying services to fix the damage and monitor changes throughout the process.
Perform Specialty Drying Services and Monitor Progress
- Water Removal - We get all the water out right away using the most powerful and effective water removal machines that exist. They remove over 90% of the water immediately. We also use special equipment made just for surfaces like hardwood floors to pull as much liquid water out as possible. Removing the majority of the water immediately is a huge benefit by speeding up the drying process, which means less time and cost overall.
- Content Protection - Once we've gotten rid of most of the water we want to protect your belongings during the remainder of our services. This means moving and blocking your belongings to make sure they are safe from the water damage.
- Drying - Now that everything is protected and most of the water has been removed, there is still three to ten percent of moisture trapped in these hard to dry surfaces. We install specialized drying equipment that is made specifically for the material affected.
- Positive Drying Machines - When we say positive drying we mean directing air into cavities where wetness has occurred. We can dry out wall cavities and small cavities to prevent mold growth.
- Negative Drying Machines - We put negative suction on your specialty surfaces like hardwood floor to pull the wet air from the bottom of the material to remove it quickly.
- Heated Drying - Specialty drying not only needs dry air, but may also need warm air. We install special heating machines that work in tandem with the negative and positive machines. This combination speeds up the rate of evaporation to save you time, money and unnecessary replacement.
- Monitoring - While the drying continues we'll monitor and adjust our equipment as needed. We do this to ensure our drying services are fixing your water loss at the optimal speed.
Final Inspection - Once everything is handled we go back through to ensure our water damage removal services were done to the highest standards.
- Testing - We do testing with our moisture meters to make sure all water levels have returned to dry standard. This means you won't have secondary damages like mold.
- Putting Everything Back - After we've made sure everything is done we put your belongings back where they were when we started.
- Cleaning - Once everything is dry we go about cleaning everything that has been effected by the water damage. This makes sure everything is clean, safe and back to the way it was.
Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction - Our goal is to give our customers the highest level of service possible.
Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction
- We're not done until you say we're done - You'll sign off that all services were performed to your satisfaction.
- Review of Service - We value your feedback, and we want to continue to be the best.
We do all of this to make sure that You know it's done right, guaranteed!